Vega+ Shipping Dates
- End of September 2016
- October 2016
- In time for Xmas 2016
- February 2017
- A "few weeks" from March 10th 2017
- Summer 2017
- 8 weeks from August 9th (October 4th, 2017)
- Mid October 2017
- April 2018
- May 8th - 12th 2018
- May 12th 2018
- May 31st 2018 (Indiegogo deadline)
- June 15th 2018
- July 6th 2018
World of Spectrum
Searchable threads in one long post:
Lee Fogarty issues takedown request of Gizmodo article
While RCL seem to have no time to update their backers, Lee Fogarty (who claims to have nothing to do with RCL - "he just hosts their website") seems to have time to issue fake takedown notices. Here's what he posted to the previous webhost on Wednesday the 8th March 2017:
From: "Lee Fogarty"
Reply-To: "Lee Fogarty"
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 22:01:37 +0000
Subject: Illegal article on one of your websites
I am writing to you regarding a website on one of your servers.
The owner of this website has embarked on an online twitter campaign on behalf of two people currently being investigated for fraud and online abuse.
The page in question now is a report that was posted online maliciously today, regarding a case being investigated by the met and involves large scale trolling and fraud.
The original article was swiftly removed after the publishers were advised it is inciting people to contact the current companies families and pay them visits in order to stop the investigation. Ian Lightbody (the site owner) is now a part of this investigation due to posting personal details online on twitter and facebook, as well as threats to families.
I will be passing this information onto the met as part of their investigation, and they may be in touch with you for further details.
It's laughable how pathetic this email is:
- Lee didn't bother to contact me with his problems, instead going to the webhost (because it's unlikely they know the full saga).
- I have posted a few articles on Twitter and Facebook, but so have many other people regarding this fiasco of a project. And I certainly haven't done it on behalf of anybody else! I heard George Cropper's videos regarding the Vega+ (on his Funky Spectrum YouTube channel) over Xmas and started following the campaign.
- I have not posted any personal details of any of the directors online - I'm sure Lee Fogarty can provide links to these if these exist! The threats to families is also a complete lie, and of course it will be impossible for Lee to back this up with evidence as I haven't done anything of the sort.
- The (non-malicious) original article from Holly Brockwell was probably removed because RCL or Lee Fogarty issued the same kind of message to Gizmodo who were scared and took it down. However, the article was factually correct and the BBC has just published their own article which backs up pretty much everything in it.
If RCL and Lee Fogarty spent as much time finishing the Vega+ instead of throwing muck all day, the poor backers would have their consoles by now!
PS: If you want a great webhost that acts responsibly when nonsense like this is sent to them, I recommend Mythic Beasts - they are a top notch hosting solution backed by expert support!
Latest Funky Spectrum RCL Videos
The drama continues as season 2 begins with the dramatic installation of two new directors. Rumours persist that the drama may be renewed for season 3.
More terrible press for the much maligned console and to make matters worse, Sky have now insisted that the company no longer use the Sinclair name and its related trademarks.
"Our Indiegogo campaign is to raise funds to manufacture the first 2,500 or more units of the Vega+ in the UK, and to prepare us for the second production run."
— RCL (15/02/2016)
- All refunds processed: ✘
- Roll of honour email: ✘
- Address confirmation: ✘
- Battery specification: ✘
- PEGI certification: ✘
- Final specs released: ✘
- Games list released: ✘
- Finished box design: ✘
- Manual released: ✘
- Working website: ✘
- Final devices made: 0 ✘
- Small claims victories: 0 ✘
- Prototypes made: ~100-200 ✔